Posted on February 4, 2010 by jackieinpdx
- The Tillamook Rock Lighthouse, built in 1880, is currently used as the site of the final resting place of up to 467,000 cremated individuals.
- It is against the law in Myrtle Creek to box with a kangaroo.
- While it is illegal to buy or sell marijuana in Oregon, it is legal to smoke it on your own property.
- The Nike “swoosh” logo was designed by University of Oregon student Carolyn Davidson in 1964 — four years after business undergrad Phil Knight and track coach Bill Bowerman founded the company they originally called Blue Ribbon Sports. Ms. Davidson was paid $35 dollars for her design.
- In Marion, ministers are forbidden from eating garlic or onions before delivering a sermon.
- In Portland, people are banned from whistling underwater.
- In Beaverton you are required to buy a $10 permit before installing a burglar alarm.
- In Stanfield, Oregon, no more than two people are allowed to share a single drink.
Filed under: Oregon Tagged: | odd facts, Oregon